Tuesday, September 13, 2011

my morning cup of joe

good morning!

i was spending so much money on coffee, i figured it was about time i make my own.
it takes me about 10 mins to make a cup, but it well worth it and its the best cup of joe i've had!

i bought a magic bullet to grind my coffee beans, a stove-top espresso maker,
and to go along, i bought "c" and "t" mugs from anthropolgie
unfortunately, the "t" mug came in pink, so taylor drinks from "c" and i drink from "t"...

i bought "tessa rosa" coffee beans from my favorite coffee shop, caffe luxxe.
the owner taught me a few things about coffee that i found interesting, so i thought i'd share...

the best way to enjoy fresh coffee is to brew freshly ground beans.
coffee grinds oxidize much like an avocado,
so if you buy a bag of already ground coffee it can taste stale
so there is my little fun fact about coffee

how i make my coffee:
i [finely] grind about 2 tablespoons of beans in my magic bullet
i then add it to my stove-top espresso maker, making sure to use filtered water for the best taste
while the coffee is brewing, i heat up about 1/2 a cup of soy milk over the stove
just before it starts to boil, i throw it onto my magic bullet and it creates the best froth
once my coffe is made, i pour it into a cup
then pour my hot, frothy soy milk
and sprinkle cinnamon on top
(i put cinnamon on almost everything)

happy tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment