banana bread is one of my favorites!
today, while taylor and i were sofa shopping
we wondered by the baking section of crate & barrel
and i finallyyy got a bread pan
i have to say, for the first time baking banana bread,
it was pretty darn good
moist, rich banana & nut flavors and chocolate-y goodness
i didnt even use butta!
what you need:
1 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 ripe bananas, smashed
3/4 cups greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional -- my secret touch)
what you do:
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees & grease a large loaf pan
2. mix together bananas, egg, greek yogurt, vanilla and sugar.
3. gradually stir in the pastry flour, baking powder and salt.
4. add in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts (optional)
5. evenly pour batter into the pan about 3/4 full. bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. cool completely before removing and cutting.