seems, lately, this has turned into a food blog!
but if you don't mind it, i don't mind it...
because i'm such a foodie at heart
last night i made arugula pesto pasta with chicken and garlic sautéed mushrooms
the recipe is adapted from one of my favorite blogs food coma
okay, so here's the recipe...
2/3 cup toasted walnuts
4 oz arugula
1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup spaghetti or linguine noodles
1 cup portobello mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 garlic cloves
1) in a food processor, puree the walnuts, arugula, parmesan cheese and half of the olive oil.
2) once it is well mixed, turn off your food processor and scrap down the sides of the bowl.
3) turn on the processor on its lowest setting and slowly pour in the remaining olive oil
4) add salt and pepper to taste
1) cook noodles according to package
2) while the noodles are cooking, saute mushrooms with garlic, chopped onions, and a dash of olive oil.
(i used a small amount of the pesto and cooked in that)
3) once the mushrooms are well cooked (after about 5 mins) add in the rinsed noodles, pesto and stir together for about 2 mins
4) add in chicken, shrimp, etc. if you're craving a little protein.