Tuesday, June 28, 2011

kittens!

kittens, kittens, kittens!

my mom rescued a young momma cat and her kittens at her school a couple weeks ago. she had been feeding the mother cat, named alaska, who is practically a kitten herself (about a year old) for weeks. alaska grew to trust my mom and when the time was right, my mom took her to the vet to get checked and spade. all was fine until the vet gave news that alaska was nursing and just had kittens!

my mom felt terrible. alaska was so skinny and feeble it was unimaginable to think she was pregnant. my mom immediately brought her back to her kittens and let her be for about a week. the vet and my mom thought there would be at most one kitten, given alaska's condition and frailty, but sure enough there were five!

they were all hiding under my mom's classroom among broken bottles and dirt. they were so filthy you couldn't even tell they had any white fur.

my mom brought them home and they've been there since - happy and healthy
if you or anyone you know is looking for a cat, my mom has five!
they're only about a week and a half old, so they'll be good to go to a new home in about 6 weeks.
i'm still trying to coax taylor into taking one, but its been an uphill battle trying to convince him 
-__-

No comments:

Post a Comment