Tuesday, June 7, 2011

a walk a day keeps the the soul at bay

i started walking to work a couple of weeks ago, and let me tell you, it has changed me physically, mentally and emotionally.  ever since, i've made it a point to walk instead of drive anywhere that is within a reasonable distance. this past sunday, i walked to the brentwood farmers market. it took about 45mins and was well worth it. i find walking to be the best way to start and end my day. i've even started walking on my lunch breaks at work.  what started out as a 20 min walk/day, has now turned into a 75min walk/day...thats right, everyday! i discover all my best ideas while on a walk, i see things that i would have never noticed while driving, i feel healthier, and not to mention it gives me peace of mind knowing that i'm reducing my carbon footprint.

so i say to you, my dear friends, walk! you'll be amazed at how great you'll feel... plus its almost summer and there are so many lovely plants in bloom.

"if you're seeking creative ideas, go out walking. angel's whisper to a man when he goes for a walk."
-raymond inmon

No comments:

Post a Comment